Source: Chaplains in the HEICS 1836-58 (Rev Frank Perry, The Church In Madras 1904)
Biography: CHARLES DOCKLEY GIBSON was the son of Major-General J. T. Gibson, of the Madras Army. He graduated B.A. from St. John's College, Cambridge, in 1841, and proceeded M.A. in 1847. In 1848 he was appointed a Company's Chaplain. He served at St. George's Cathedral, 1849-57; Masulipatam, 1859-61; Fort St. George, 1862-65 and 1866-68. It was his father who built the small Church at Kotagherry. He was removed from Fort St. George, in 1868, for a neglect of duty, of which the General Officer Commanding made complaint; and he died the following year at Calicut.